10 easy life hacks you NEED to know for having a clean and organized house! These are life hacks I actually use in my daily cleaning routine + how I keep my house clean and organized! Give this video a thumbs up if you like it!
Want to see my full loft tour?
Want to see my spring morning routine?
because we’re real friends.
instagram: @carlycristman @carlyscloset
facebook: Carly Cristman
Hey guys! Today’s video is 10 life hacks that are some of my best life hacks for having a clean and organized home. I use these tips in my daily cleaning routine + they’ve helped me become a cleaner, more organized person!
I’m a naturally disorganized type of person. I like things to be clean, but I’m also the kind of person who has tons of clothes piling up in their room. These are hacks I learned in my own life that really helped me be more productive, be more organized and keep my house clean!
These are easy life hacks + easy ways that you can realistically keep your house clean. If you learn to develop these habits to keeping your house clean, it will begin to seem easy and come naturally to you. I’ve been doing these for so long that they are just my habits for keeping a clean house!
10 LIFE HACKS FOR A CLEAN + ORGANIZED HOME // MY HABITS FOR A CLEAN HOUSE
1. CLEAR COUNTERS: clear off your counters to make your place look larger + cleaner. This tip is great in rooms like bathrooms, kitchens, etc.
2. DISPLAY STORAGE: For the items you DO leave out, I like to organize in surface storage like trays. Even though the same amount of items are still out, a tray looks more intentional and organized.
3. CLEAR THE WALLS: Keep minimal wall art / decor to maximize the space in your room. Focus on one or two statement pieces. Your eye knows where to focus with one or two pieces and can truly appreciate what it adds to the room. Having a ton of photos + decor looks more messy / cluttered. [I’m sure I’ll get a comment like ‘but wait so you’re telling me to remove any personality from a room’ – no, not true. But, sure- these are tips on how to have the CLEANEST space. Get a photo album, put it on your coffee table].
4. COLOR CODE: Color coding makes maximum impact in a space. It looks so appealing to the eye + organized. This is especially great in small spaces where closets feel more cramped or are out in the open, like a studio or dorm.
5. SET TIME LIMITS + MULTI TASK: Don’t plan a day to clean, give yourself a time limit: 30 minutes, 1 hour. 30 minutes out of 24 hours doesn’t seem that daunting. Play a netflix show, listen to a podcast or an audiobook and enjoy the time.
6. PUT THINGS AWAY ONCE: Develop the habit to put things away immediately, no matter how easy it is to throw something right when you get in the door. You’re doubling the work for yourself by doing that!
7. CLEAN AS YOU GO: I like to clean as I go in situations, especially when I’m cooking. Throw out trash, put utensils in the dish washer and clean your surfaces as you go so your kitchen is mostly clean by the time you’re done.
8. ORGANIZE BY FUNCTION: I have specific storage based on function. I have one bag where I keep all of my technology- it keeps cords off tables / desks, but I also always know where those items are.
9. USE CONTAINERS: I got organizers at the container store for storage in my bathroom, kitchen etc. I separate my face products from hair products and it keeps everything organized and in place.
10. STORAGE INCEPTION: Use larger items to house smaller items that you use less frequently. I have throw pillows in my purses [also great for displaying- they keep the shape!], winter fuzzy socks in my stand up boots and extra pillows / blankets in my larger suitcases.
These are easy life hacks that will you develop habits to have a clean and organized house! Let me know if you guys like videos like this by giving this video a thumbs up and letting me know in the comments! xx
why hello Internet what's up my people welcome back to my channel if this is your first time watching me hello my name is Carly and for today's video I'm going to be share with you guys how to keep your home clean and organized for all the people who always write down below in the comments like video starts at 1 minute in 10 seconds to welcome I'll just give you guys a quick summary right now quit being a hot mess and go to the Container Store the end bye guys totally kidding and my love am I going to be share with you guys kind of an easy life hack that will help you keep your home more clean more organized and won't stress you off in the process these are the systems and tips that I use to help make my home look more clean and organized without actually being like a clean organized type of person you feel if you like home videos like this don't forget to subscribe to my channel with the link on your screen and down below in the info bar because I post new videos every single Thursday don't forget to give the video a thumbs up while you watch it if you like it and let's get into my tips space is like a kitchen or a bathroom looks so much larger and cleaner when you take things off of the counters this is great for space like a kitchen or bathroom or especially in a space like hell I live in a loft or everything is open and in sites that they're living in a dorm or you're living in a studio this is a really to make your place look larger in the leader so items that do need to be left out I also like to send organized Eva's so for example like a coffee table if you have coasters if you'll remote things that people are releasing on a day to day basis I like to get things like a tray to put in the center of my coffee table and just put a couple things in there even though they get the same amount of items on a coffee table it appears a lot more organized and put together instead of being really scattered the philosopher a little John would say from the windows to the walls I disagree little jog I just agree not the walls none of the wall homes look a lot bigger if you don't have things on the wall focus on having one or two statement pieces if you have a ton of things cluttering up your walls like a ton of decor a ton of pictures it looks really busy which in turn makes it look really cluttered that was for you mom that was for you yes I did just use a YouTube video throw family shade I love you Barbara still love you I see something color-coded unlike stuff told me this is so beautiful goals actual goals really doesn't take that long to color code something like a closet like your nail polishes these are things that you can color code really simply and it ends up saving you a lot of time when you're looking through things but it also looks so much more appealing to the eye so here's someone like me who has a closet out in the open and it's not closed this is a way to make it look a lot more organized before you set aside days and be like this is the day you're going to clean your house and I would dread that day and I'd be like yeah this is literally the last thing I feel like doing so I'll give myself a designated time that I have to clean in something like 30 minutes and how we're all aboard myself and multi-task during it so I'll either set up a show that I hadn't seen during the week on Netflix or Hulu or I will listen to a podcast or copy a book if you break your chores down into timeslot and also reward yourself in the timeslot you can get so much more done because 30 minutes to an hour out of 24 hours in a day really does it feels overwhelming it's just telling yourself I have to clean my whole apartment today great habit to teach yourself to keeping yourself more clean and organized putting things away one time you're gonna take your coat off just hang it up don't throw it somewhere it takes you literally just as much time if not less time is you're not doing it twice so really make it a point to tell yourself like as you're taking that piece of clothing off be like no stuff don't put it away the right fun works is throwing it you will save yourself a ton of time and a ton of stress if you clean as you go kind of the thing that stops you from wanting to throw dinner parties and have people over being like the cleanups gonna suck but if you do it while you're cooking it actually isn't that bad I like to really clean it like ghosts by the time whatever I'm doing is done the place is also clean and done this will help keep your kitchen clean organized and make you feel less stressed so if you start to think of your items by function and what their categories are and then by organizing you end up saving yourself a ton of time and then you train yourself to always put that stuff in that spot so for example I have one bag where it keeps all of my technology devices so if I ever need a memory card or a charger I know it's always in that bag so not only is it keeping cords off of tables and deaths but I also never confuse of where that stuff is my bathroom I just hope containers that I got from the Container Store and I've split it up by Bonnie condoms hair products toiletries this way I know if I'm looking for something where it is and everything has its place I like to do storage inception you know stuff within stuff yeah it gives the illusion that your house is a lot more clean and you have a lot less stuff but really your stuff is just within the other stuff my duffle bag I stop extra things like throw pillows in there because I have a bit of a throw pillow problem do I take the throw pillows and I'm not currently using and I will stuff them in things like my double bags not only does this keep my duffle bag shape and it also makes it look really nice sitting out on display alright guys those are my ten light packs and how to have a more exciting organized home if you liked the video don't forget to give it a thumbs up don't forget to subscribe to my channel if you haven't I make Holmen fashion videos and I post new videos every single Thursday thank you guys so much for watching and I'll see you next week bye when it gets over that I don't trust I just hide all my pillows I take my pillows for every week so I take this to the gym to make people think that I never do it here but really if you guys like my videos and don't want to wait till next Thursday you should follow me over on snapchat I know you're probably thinking right now wait Carly what you have a snapchat why yes little Timmy yes I do my user name is Karli Chrisman definitely make sure to go follow me over there hi guys